Former Congresswoman Liz Cheney talks along with her aide Jeremy Adler. Picture: by David Hume Kennerly/Middle for Artistic Pictures/College of Arizona through Getty Pictures
Jeremy Adler, most lately a senior communications aide to former Rep. Liz Cheney and with the January 6 committee, is becoming a member of Adam Mendelsohn’s agency Upland Workshop to develop their New York Metropolis presence, Axios has discovered.
Why it issues: Adler, who additionally served below former Home Speaker Paul Ryan, will deliver an important variety of political contacts to the strategic communications agency and broaden their work on the East Coast.
- He’ll concurrently proceed to work for Group Cheney and her future political endeavors as an advisor.
Particulars: Upland Workshop — which focuses on expertise, media, finance, and sports activities — launched in March 2020 and has grown its workforce to 10 workers, a few of whom are former journalists and labored for Vice President Kamala Harris and Nike.
- High purchasers embody LeBron James and funding agency Major Road Advisors.
- Mendelsohn, Upland’s CEO, previously served as Arnold Schwarzenegger’s deputy chief of employees whereas he was governor of California, and has lengthy labored with James and his enterprise associate Maverick Carter.
What they’re saying: “In the event you have a look at Meta, if you happen to have a look at Uber, if you happen to have a look at Amazon, Airbnb — a few of the most dynamic corporations have communications professionals in-house that got here out of politics. If you work on the planet Jeremy’s coming from … it teaches you about communications in a approach that is very distinctive and totally different,” Mendelsohn informed Axios.
- Mendelsohn emphasised that Upland “does not do partisan politics” however helps “the folks and causes we want proper now.”
- “I’ve had the privilege of working with Congresswoman Cheney to creatively and strategically ship her highly effective message and I could not be extra excited to deliver what I’ve discovered to the very dynamic folks and organizations partnering with Upland Workshop,” Adler mentioned.